Thursday, June 23, 2011

It only looks like a piece of Heaven

Leone and I went on an adventure yesterday.


What you can't see in the above picture is the way I leapt about ten feet off the ground after I took it due to the sudden impasse of ants up my drawers.  I swear to you, the ground was actually moving.  MOVING!


What you can't see in this picture is the mosquito resting on Leone's forehead.  Nor can you see my immediate reaction of slapping the thing dead... right on my boy's head.  My freaked out responses to insects is something I need to get better at.  Much, much better at.


What you can't see in this picture is my constant glancing about, sure that a bear or a mountain lion was going to spring on us.  What you also can't see is the huge pointy rock laying right beside me just in case that bear or mountain lion were to make themselves known to the left of us, to the right of us, or directly behind us.


What you can't see in this picture is the huge spiny sticker embedded in Leone's thumb.  Nor can you see the ginormous tear quietly making it's way down his right cheek.


What you can see in this picture are my overall feelings associated with a spot I thought was only capable of providing great joy and pleasure.

Nature.  What a crock.